Thursday, August 30, 2007

Windows Vista

Windows Vista
(microsoft)
$$alot$$

Windows Vista is nothing to scream about, but it has some nifty features. I haven't had to use any software when installing USB devices. Being a bit of a gommer, I struggled to install my printer's driver repeatedly unsuccessfully, until I realized that I only needed to plug it in. Unfortunately I had some poor luck with one printer, and was unable to turn it back online after repeated attempts (it was unplugged). Probably a unique experience.

There are lots of gadgets you can display on the desktop, like weather, time/date, CPU usage, and stocks. However with the stocks I could only get the DOW & NYSE etc, not individual mutual funds or stock prices. It was provided through MSN.

A nifty feature I liked was by pressing the windows key then tab, you can bring up a cascading display of all the windows opened, lined up fading into the background, and then point and click on the one you like. There's a quicktab button for this on the lower bar as well.

One last thing, you can now open multiple images using the windows viewer, and make minor edits (cropping/red eye) with the built-in software.

No comments: