Thursday, August 30, 2007

Uniden Cordless Phone System

Uniden® 5.8 GHz Corded/Cordless Phone System with Digital Answering System
(costco.ca)
192$

This package includes a cord-full base and three cordless phones with base chargers, and one of them waterproof (for all those bathtub conversations?). I haven't put the water-proof one to test yet, but perhaps boredom will prevail one day and we'll have some funny stories to tell.

This cordless set was a little more pricey (192$), but it includes an answering machine that picks up calls unanswered by call waiting. It also managed to show me the name of the person I didn't bother picking up with call waiting (sorry Jeremy), but this could simply be a feature of my telephone service, and have nothing to do with the cordless phone unit itself. The range trumps the last cordless phone I reviewed (not saying much). I confess I haven't tested the max range yet. I still have difficulty with the answering machine, as I have been given the personal recording, the default robo-voice recording, and static-screaching of a fax machine all within one minute of repeatedly redialing my number.

The ergodyamics of the phone gets three thumbs up. Once again however, I must rant at my disappointment for Uniden to include a built-in signal router so multiple units can all join the conversation.

No comments: