Monday, June 4, 2007

goLite Portable Light Therapy

goLite� P2 Portable Light Therapy
(Costco.ca)
195$
This was recommended to me to fight winter-depression. The theory is (which I believe) that we need sunlight on our skin to produce certain hormones and feelings, which gets neglected during the winter months of limited-sunlight. Indoor lighting typically is not off the full spectrum the sun provides. Anyone with exotic lizards or other pets have perhaps bought special lights for their pets, as they are not living outdoors.

So this portable unit carrys about a 30 minute charge, and has an adjustable light intensity level. It throughs out an intense blue glare. It has an LCD clock display, and can be set up to give off light as an alarm. However, I could never figure out how to do that. It has an automatic shut-off switch.

Personally I could not tell that big of a difference using it, but depression is a pretty subjective feeling, and there's typically too many variables in my life to narrow it down to how well a light shines on me.

No comments: